Our Team - Curt H. Feig
Curt H. Feig
- Commercial and Complex Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith
- Insurance Defense
After obtaining his law degree, Curt joined the insurance coverage group at Cozen O’Connor’s Northwest Regional Office in Seattle. He became a Member of the firm in 1997 and served as the Vice Chairman of the firm’s Environmental Coverage practice group in 2003. Along with three colleagues from Cozen O’Connor, Curt formed Nicoll Black Misenti & Feig (now Nicoll Black & Feig) in September, 2004.
Curt has extensive experience representing insurers in all aspects of insurance coverage, including advising clients on pre-suit claims handling and litigation in the areas of environmental liability, construction defect liability, products liability, first-party property losses, builders risk coverage, and bad faith claims and litigation. He also represents insurers in insurer vs. insurer disputes involving claims for contribution, subrogation and indemnity as well as primary/excess disputes. He has also represented insureds in various construction and bodily injury litigation. He is a member of the American, Washington and King County Bar Associations, the Oregon Bar, and is admitted to practice in the 9th Circuit as well as Federal Court for the Western District of Washington and the District of Oregon. Curt was named a “Super Lawyer” by Washington Law & Politics in 2000-2003 and 2005 through the present. Curt is a frequent speaker on insurance topics.
- Represented lead third-party insurer in Alcoa v. Admiral insurance coverage litigation in King County Superior Court where total damages sought exceeded $1 billion.
- Represented numerous insurers in multi-million dollar coverage litigation involving liability for defective hardboard siding.
- Represented numerous insurers in construction defect coverage claims, assisting insurers in responding to claims and in resolving underlying construction defect litigation.
- Represented insurer in several claims arising out of claims for clergy abuse in connection with Roman Catholic Archdiocese.
- Represents insurers in contribution claims involving multiple insurance policies, both defense and prosecution.
- Represents insurers in first-party claims alleging collapse coverage arising from construction defects.
- Represents insurers in bad faith litigation involving first-party claims, third-party claims and covenant judgments brought by assignees.
- Counsels insurers in pre-litigation claims handling for first-party and third-party coverage claims
Saint Olaf College, B.A. in Philosophy, 1980
University of Puget Sound School of Law, J.D. magna cum laude, 1990
Associate, Cozen O’Connor, 1990 – 1995
Junior Member, Cozen O’Connor, 1995 — 2000
Senior Member, Cozen O’Connor, 2000 – 2004
Founding Member, Nicoll Black & Feig, 2004 – present
American Bar Association
Washington State Bar Association
Oregon Bar Association
“Super Lawyer” 2000, 2003, 2005-12
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit